When it comes to cooking, Blondes Who Eat are definitely not top chefs in the kitchen, but we're absolutely working on our skills.
We are big spicy food lovers and have been recreating one of our favorite dishes, Jalapeño Chicken, from a Chinese restaurant back home in Scottsdale, Arizona.
We recreated the dish with a Whole 30 flare for all you healthy eaters out there. We discovered Montana Mex and fell in love with all of their products. Their "All The Goodies Box" is our favorite because it has everything we need, not just for this specific dish, but other meals we like to whip up on a daily basis.
We are obsessed with this recipe and hope you love it too.
1. Season the chicken with Montana Mex Jalapeño & Mild Chili seasoning blends.
2. Heat 2-3 tbsp. Montana Mex Avocado Oil over medium-high heat with sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet.
3. Add chicken to hot skillet and sear on both sides until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Add 1/2 cup of water to pan, reduce heat to simmer and cover skillet for 10 minutes. Take skillet off heat and keep covered for another 10 minutes. When cooked through, set chicken aside on a plate, and slice when cool.
4. Add the bell peppers, onion and jalapeño to the skillet and salute for about 5 minutes, or until the bell peppers are tender.
5. When the bell peppers are tender, add the sliced chicken back to the skillet, add the amino acids, rice vinegar and garlic, Montana Mex seasoning blend to taste, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, simmering, until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
6. Serve over cauliflower rice and enjoy!
Instructions for Cauliflower Rice:
1. Follow cooking instructions on back of bag, cooking in Montana Mex Avocado Oil and adding in Montana Mex Sweet & Spicy Habanero sauce and seasonings to taste.